Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 1 - My Inspiration

You may be wondering why I started this blog...Why now? Why this day? Truth be told, I just finished watching the movie, Julie and Julia and I have to say inspiration struck. If you haven't seen it, you must. It's absolutely adorable! It's about a woman who cooks her way through Julia Child's cookbook and writes a blog about it. And then all these reporters, literary agents, and editors call her and she writes a book and now there's a movie based on it.

Confession: I'm jealous as I bet many other aspiring writers are. If only it were that easy. As I created this blog I thought to myself - Who is going to want to read this? And the answer is, I don't know. But would you think that thousands of people would want to know about some woman's journey through 365 days of cooking? I wouldn't have guessed that. It turns out, I was wrong.

I thought this writing business (and it certainly is a business) would be easy. You type out a book, send it in, and ta-da! Someone calls you up, dying to publish your book. Nope. Wrong. You have to have tough skin to be a writer, to receive all the rejections day in and day out.

I do believe that one day it will happen for me. I do believe that one day I will be a published author instead of just an aspiring writer.

Who am I? Why am I writing this? I'm a military wife/aspiring writer. I have written two paranormal romance novels and a mystery novel but have yet to be published. Writing is my passion and I'm not going to give up. After all, I'm just getting started.

3 comments:

  1. Morning Kimberly. You have already proven you have the most important thing you need, persistance. You have 3 novels under your belt, that's three more than most writers ever get finished. You belong to RWA, FF&P and, I presume, a local chapter. All of those things are good. An even better thing is: keep writing, find a critique group if you don't already have one (FF&P crit group is excellent!) and above all,

    Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, welcome to the wild world of blogging your writing journey! It's painful sometimes, but for the most part, I feel it does help you sort out your thoughts if nothing else.

    You're absolutely right. You have to have a tough skin, but as long as you believe in yourself, in your stories, you won't be disappointed.

    I'll be checking back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly, welcome to the blog-o-sphere! You have proven your salt by completing your first novels. Don't give up, onward and upward, you'll find many friends on the journey. I followed you over here from FF&P, so see, people do read your posts on the loop!

    ReplyDelete